Website Content Submission Guidelines
ACBL DISTRICT 9 is pleased to offer opportunities to share knowledge and expertise by submitting unique content to the DISTRICT 9 website (district9acbl.org). Please review the submission guidelines below to have work considered for placement on the website. If you have any questions about how to submit, reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Guiding Principles
District 9 is a nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State of Florida. The District is composed of subsidiary corporate organizations called Units and our purpose is to foster community welfare in the furtherance of the game of contract bridge in its various forms of competition. We provide organized bridge activities and services to satisfy the social, recreational, and competitive needs of the membership and the community. We promote tournaments and other competitive events as permitted by the American Contract Bridge League.
We encourage you to use current best practices for web writing.
- Beginning with the conclusion
- Focus on the main message and how you want the reader to respond
- Add specific details, facts, figures, quotes,
- Submit graphs, graphics, or photos that are copyright free
- Use subheadings that reflect your content and raise interest
- Use listed points with 10 words or less per item
- Search the web for other tips on best practices
DISTRICT 9 does not guarantee that it will post your submissions. It does guarantee that a committee will read the article and determine applicability with the website mission and readership. In reviewing articles, we are looking for content that is necessary and relevant to the needs of all bridge players in our district. Also, we encourage content that reflects the foresighted, powerful, responsible, productive, and connected nature of the game of bridge.
DISTRICT 9 will only publish copyright free material submitted by the author and will not pay for articles to post on the website. DISTRICT 9 reserves the right to use the content at their discretion.
• Response Time
Our goal is to respond to your request as quickly as possible. Depending on several factors, we will do our best to acknowledge each submission within 10 to 15 business days.
• Author Information
All submissions must identify:
- Author’s full name
- Author’s phone number and email address
- Author’s place of business
Provide a 20-to-30-word summary of the article that can be used for links.
Submit articles that are between 500-750 words. Please submit final drafts that have been fully edited for grammar and spelling mistakes.
Send formatted document in a Word file (.doc or .docx). All text should be edited for grammar and spelling prior to submission. Corresponding images or information may be submitted in PDF or JPEG files.
Provide a list of referenced links in the text or at the end of your article. DISTRICT 9 staff will review these links to determine if they are appropriate for the website and determine if they will be included.
• Possible Topics
- Daring approaches to bidding, defending, and playing the hand
- The untouchable 5 level bid – strategies
- Finessing and probability
- Bridge history, Bridge vocabulary, Bridge secrets
- Series of articles on building a partnership on solid bidding and defending agreements